RE: [soaplite] How to get a response?

  • Sean.Meisner@VerizonWireless.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 8, 2002
      Tom,

      For your patch and module contribution, your best bet
      would probably be to send a message directly to Paul.

      paulclinger@...

      Cheers,

      Sean

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 8, 2002
        On 2002-03-08 Tom Mornini wrote:
        >On Friday, March 8, 2002, at 12:30 AM, Sam Tregar wrote:

        --- snipped ---

        >I was trying to politely, and with a bit of humor, get a bit of
        >attention.
        >
        >I was surprised not to have received a response to some of the good and
        >thought provoking questions I asked as my questions usually rocket to
        >the top of list moms' most desirable to answer list. :-)
        >
        >I felt quite certain that I wasn't being ignored on purpose: while my
        >questions themselves might not be the most exciting in the world, a
        >patch and an offer to contribute an entire functional module are rarely
        >completely ignored! They're typically either 1) thankfully accepted, or
        >2) ridiculed, but are rarely 3) completely and silently ignored.
        >
        >In addition, another person asked nearly exactly the same question that
        >I did, about forcing typed decoding for incoming requests from MS SOAP
        >Toolkit 2.0 clients, which further leads me to believe that the
        >questions I ask are generally relevant and will eventually be responded
        >to. :-)
        Tom

        I got the impression that Paul has been 'off-line' recently. In the past
        he has been receptive to patches, so I assume that he's just not looking
        at the list so frequently.

        Regarding your concern about unanswered questions, again often Paul
        is the only one able to give a clear answer. I jump in now and again
        when it's a FAQ or it's something which I feel confident about.

        I guess part of the problem is that SOAP::Lite is pretty much a
        one-man package, and the design and documentation probably
        reflect that.

        Also, re your query about accessing the Transport object from the
        dispatched method, I can't see a way to do that.

        Regards,
        Duncan Cameron
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 10, 2002
          Hi, Duncan and Tom!

          > >I was surprised not to have received a response to some of the
          > good and
          > >thought provoking questions I asked as my questions usually rocket
          > to the top of list moms' most desirable to answer list. :-)
          ;) that's true. I'm sorry for that. It's on the list. Duncan is
          correct about 'one-man package' and 'has been off-line recently'. I
          have been doing SOAP::Lite for year and a half on my spare time which
          I don't have much these days. I have a full-time job and can't take
          time off to work on SOAP::Lite (because of my visa status I need to
          work at least 40 hours a week and my current work is not related to
          SOAP::Lite). I was also traveling extensively in February and wasn't
          able to address questions on the maillist.

          What's the best thing to do in this situation? I will be glad to
          share responsibility if someone decides to take on that. I do code
          updates and I don't plan to stop doing it any time soon, but I would
          also like to redesign architecture and would be extremely glad to
          have input on that from someone else. I would like to transfer and
          share my knowledge to accelerate development if possible.

          > >completely ignored! They're typically either 1) thankfully
          > accepted, or
          > >2) ridiculed, but are rarely 3) completely and silently ignored.
          I definitely prefer number 1 ;). It helps a lot when you can use
          someone else's work and I don't hesitate to do that and give credit
          when it's due. I would like to apologize for not being more attentive
          to your questions and requests lately. It won't last for long. And
          thanks a lot, everybody, for your great support and help with this
          project.

          Comments, complains, ideas, suggestions?

          Best wishes, Paul.

          http://mail.yahoo.com/