Re: [soaplite] duplicates

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2002
      Hi, Duncan!

      > This is 'very frequently asked question'. The first thing to do is
      > a search of the group's archive on Yahoo. There's a thread from
      Thanks, Duncan. You're right, 'too frequently asked' ;). So, what's
      the best thing to do? Deserialize it as an array? How about this:

      <foo>
      <bar>drink</bar>
      <bar>talk</bar>
      <bar>leave</bar>
      <foobar>something</foobar>
      </foo>

      Make it configurable? Other ideas? Comments?

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- Duncan Cameron <dcameron@...> wrote:
      > On 2002-03-05 JakeCigar wrote:
      > >How do I access
      > > <value xsi:type="ns2:Vector">
      > > <item xsi:type="xsd:string">vector-zero</item>
      > > <item xsi:type="xsd:string">vector-one</item>
      > > <item xsi:type="xsd:string">vector-two</item>
      > > <item xsi:type="xsd:string"></item>
      > > </value>
      > >
      > > as sent by Apache's java soap software for a Vector or strings
      > >
      > > When I was expecting:
      > >
      > > <value SOAP-ENC:arrayType="xsd:string[4]"
      > xsi:type="namesp2:Vector">
      > > <item xsi:type="xsd:string">Jake</item>
      > > <item xsi:type="xsd:string">says,</item>
      > > <item xsi:type="xsd:string">good</item>
      > > <item xsi:type="xsd:string">password</item>
      > > </value>
      > >
      > > As sent by a SOAP:Lite client, for a blessed array of strings.
      > >
      > >For that matter, how do I access any duplicate tags as a part of
      > the perl structure returned from ->result?
      > >
      > ><foo>
      > > <bar>drink</bar>
      > > <bar>talk</bar>
      > > <bar>leave</bar>
      > ></foo>
      > >
      > >I don't want to just "leave".
      >
      > Jake
      >
      > This is 'very frequently asked question'. The first thing to do is
      > a search of the group's archive on Yahoo. There's a thread from
      > last year which explains this:
      >
      > Regards,
      > Duncan Cameron

      http://mail.yahoo.com/
    • JakeCigar
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2002
        I see 2 cases
        <foo>
        <bar>drink</bar>
        <bar>talk</bar>
        <bar>leave</bar>
        <foobar>something</foobar>
        </foo>
        and

        #1 should probably be
        $d->{foo}{bar}[0] = 'drink'
        $d->{foo}{bar}[1] = 'talk'
        $d->{foo}{bar}[2] = 'leave'
        $d->{foo}{foobar} = 'something'
        #2 should probably be
        $d->[0] = 'vector-zero'
        $d->[1] = 'vector-one'
        $d->[2] = 'vector-two'

        #1 is weird and is for people playing around, except without the foobar,
        where it is pretty normal.
        #2 is Apache Soap's way of sending Vectors.

        I don't want to thow up a yellow flag for every #1 (with or without foobar).
        I don't want to have to use Dumper to figure out I've got a #2, then deal
        with it.

        Jake "the PUNisher"