Patch for 0.52

  • tmornini
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6 1:59 AM
      I'm working on a 2-way SMTP transport as per:

      http://www.pocketsoap.com/specs/smtpbinding/

      And I just ran across a typo in SOAP::Lite.

      Here's the patch:

      *** /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/SOAP/Lite.pm Wed Feb 27
      00:26:04 2002
      --- Source/ewingz/lib/SOAP/Lite.pm Wed Mar 6 09:49:01 2002
      ***************
      *** 1976,1982 ****
      my(@params, @methods);

      while (@_) { my($method, $params) = splice(@_,0,2);
      ! $class->can($_[0]) ? push(@methods, $method, $params)
      : $^W && Carp::carp "Unrecognized parameter
      '$method' in new()";
      }
      $self = bless {

      ! $class->can($method) ? push(@methods, $method,
      $params)
      : $^W && Carp::carp "Unrecognized parameter
      '$method' in new()";
      }
      $self = bless {

      Paul, would you be interested (assuming it meets your
      standards, of course) including this 2-way SMTP transport
      in a future release?

      --
      -- Tom Mornini
      -- eWingz Systems, Inc.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 18 8:44 AM
        Hi, Tom!

        > And I just ran across a typo in SOAP::Lite.
        Thank you for your patch. I applied it. For some reason I thought I
        replied to your message, but I don't see my reply in the archive.

        > Paul, would you be interested (assuming it meets your
        > standards, of course) including this 2-way SMTP transport
        > in a future release?
        Definitely. It fills the gap between SOAP server that is called on
        mail delivery and POP3 server. The next step is to retrieve message
        on client side. There is no POP3 client in SOAP::Lite as of now, but
        it shouldn't be difficult to modify POP3 server to get required
        functionality. Current problem for me is to come up with clear async
        API. I discussed async API with Tony Hong (Xmethods) and GLUE team
        (http://www.themindelectric.com/) which they implemented in Java, but
        I don't think it applies well for SOAP::Lite's interface. How do you
        see async interface for your transport? Thank you.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        http://sports.yahoo.com/