Forcing data type on elements

  • William McCracken
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 12:28 PM
      I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to force a SOAP::Lite server to
      deserialize an element as a specific type. I am running into the following
      issue:

      I have a SOAP::Lite server and need it to be able to work with both
      SOAP::Lite and Microsoft Soap Toolkit 2.0 clients. Everything works fine
      with SOAP::Lite clients, but Microsoft is not working. I am setting up MD5
      authentication tickets and base64 types are giving me a problem. Soap
      Toolkit does not put a type="SOAP-ENC:base64" on any of it's envelope
      elements (it does not put a type on any element for that matter, not just
      the base64) and SOAP::Lite is decoding as a string rather than base64.
      SOAP::Lite sends the type across with the element so everything works fine.

      Here's the XML that is failing:

      <authInfo>
      <signature>1B2M2Y8AsgTpgAmY7PhCfg==</signature>
      <serverid>will</serverid>
      <time>1015271740</time>
      </authInfo>

      While this works fine:

      <authInfo>
      <signature
      xsi:type="SOAP-ENC:base64">1B2M2Y8AsgTpgAmY7PhCfg==</signature>
      <serverid xsi:type="xsd:string">will</serverid>
      <time xsi:type="xsd:int">1015271740</time>
      </authInfo>

      I cannot find a way to force Microsoft to send the type attribute and was
      hoping that I could just force the SOAP::Lite server to always decode
      signature as base64.

      Thanks for your help,

      Will McCracken