Re: [soaplite] SOAP 1.1 -vs- 1.2

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2002
      Hi, Tom!

      > my $s = SOAP::Lite->new(
      > soapversion => 1.2,
      > xmlschema => '2001',
      > uri => 'http://soap.soap.com/example',
      > proxy => 'http://254.254.254.254/SOAP');
      >
      > worked fine, exactly as expected. I commented out the soapversion,
      Just to clarify the situation (and sorry for my long absence from the
      list; I was traveling for two weeks with occasional access to my
      email. btw, thanks for your help, Duncan ;)).

      use SOAP::Lite soapversion => 1.2;

      is the correct (compile-time) usage that will generate proper
      namespaces.

      SOAP::Lite->soapversion(1.2);

      does the same thing in run-time, which is incorrect, yet allowed.
      I'll probably generate fault in this case, because it doesn't do what
      it should do.

      If you just want to use 2001 Schema (and I believe it'll be
      sufficient in this case), then 'xmlschema => 2001' will be enough. If
      you want to play with SOAP 1.2, then 'soapversion => 1.2' will be
      enough and you don't need to use xmlschema => 2001 in this case, it's
      used with SOAP 1.2 by default. Hope it makes it more clear.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- Tom Mornini <tmornini@...> wrote:
      > On Tuesday, February 26, 2002, at 11:28 PM, Duncan Cameron wrote:
      >
      > > You might find that explicitly setting the schema will help
      > >
      > > $s->xmlschema('2001');
      > >
      > > Not sure how it operates with the SOAP version though.
      >
      > Thank you! That worked perfectly. Here's what I found:
      >
      > my $s = SOAP::Lite->new(
      > soapversion => 1.2,
      > xmlschema => '2001',
      > uri => 'http://soap.soap.com/example',
      > proxy => 'http://254.254.254.254/SOAP');
      >
      > worked fine, exactly as expected. I commented out the soapversion,
      > and
      > that didn't work (still complained about no base64Binary...
      >
      > Thanks again for your quick response.
      >
      > --
      > -- Tom Mornini
      > -- InfoMania Printing and Prepress
      > --
      > -- ICQ: 113526784, AOL: tmornini, Yahoo: tmornini, MSN: tmornini

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • Tom Mornini
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 27, 2002
        On Wednesday, February 27, 2002, at 01:41 PM, Paul Kulchenko wrote:

        > > my $s = SOAP::Lite->new(
        > >   soapversion => 1.2,
        > >   xmlschema   => '2001',
        > >   uri         => 'http://soap.soap.com/example',
        > >   proxy       => 'http://254.254.254.254/SOAP');
        > >
        > > worked fine, exactly as expected. I commented out the soapversion,
        > Just to clarify the situation (and sorry for my long absence from the
        > list; I was traveling for two weeks with occasional access to my
        > email. btw, thanks for your help, Duncan ;)).

        Hope you had a good trip!

        > use SOAP::Lite soapversion => 1.2;
        >
        > is the correct (compile-time) usage that will generate proper
        > namespaces.
        >
        > SOAP::Lite->soapversion(1.2);
        >
        > does the same thing in run-time, which is incorrect, yet allowed.
        > I'll probably generate fault in this case, because it doesn't do what
        > it should do.

        That makes sense!

        > If you just want to use 2001 Schema (and I believe it'll be
        > sufficient in this case), then 'xmlschema => 2001' will be enough. If
        > you want to play with SOAP 1.2, then 'soapversion => 1.2' will be
        > enough and you don't need to use xmlschema => 2001 in this case, it's
        > used with SOAP 1.2 by default. Hope it makes it more clear.

        OK. That's interesting and useful information. Thank you very much for
        your time.

        --
        -- Tom Mornini
        -- eWingz Systems, Inc.