Re: [soaplite] SOAP 1.1 -vs- 1.2

  • Tom Mornini
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2002
      On Tuesday, February 26, 2002, at 11:28 PM, Duncan Cameron wrote:

      > You might find that explicitly setting the schema will help
      >
      > $s->xmlschema('2001');
      >
      > Not sure how it operates with the SOAP version though.

      Thank you! That worked perfectly. Here's what I found:

      my $s = SOAP::Lite->new(
      soapversion => 1.2,
      xmlschema => '2001',
      uri => 'http://soap.soap.com/example',
      proxy => 'http://254.254.254.254/SOAP');

      worked fine, exactly as expected. I commented out the soapversion, and
      that didn't work (still complained about no base64Binary...

      Thanks again for your quick response.

      --
      -- Tom Mornini
      -- InfoMania Printing and Prepress
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 27, 2002
        Hi, Tom!

        > my $s = SOAP::Lite->new(
        > soapversion => 1.2,
        > xmlschema => '2001',
        > uri => 'http://soap.soap.com/example',
        > proxy => 'http://254.254.254.254/SOAP');
        >
        > worked fine, exactly as expected. I commented out the soapversion,
        Just to clarify the situation (and sorry for my long absence from the
        list; I was traveling for two weeks with occasional access to my
        email. btw, thanks for your help, Duncan ;)).

        use SOAP::Lite soapversion => 1.2;

        is the correct (compile-time) usage that will generate proper
        namespaces.

        SOAP::Lite->soapversion(1.2);

        does the same thing in run-time, which is incorrect, yet allowed.
        I'll probably generate fault in this case, because it doesn't do what
        it should do.

        If you just want to use 2001 Schema (and I believe it'll be
        sufficient in this case), then 'xmlschema => 2001' will be enough. If
        you want to play with SOAP 1.2, then 'soapversion => 1.2' will be
        enough and you don't need to use xmlschema => 2001 in this case, it's
        used with SOAP 1.2 by default. Hope it makes it more clear.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        --- Tom Mornini <tmornini@...> wrote:
        > On Tuesday, February 26, 2002, at 11:28 PM, Duncan Cameron wrote:
        >
        > > You might find that explicitly setting the schema will help
        > >
        > > $s->xmlschema('2001');
        > >
        > > Not sure how it operates with the SOAP version though.
        >
        > Thank you! That worked perfectly. Here's what I found:
        >
        > my $s = SOAP::Lite->new(
        > soapversion => 1.2,
        > xmlschema => '2001',
        > uri => 'http://soap.soap.com/example',
        > proxy => 'http://254.254.254.254/SOAP');
        >
        > worked fine, exactly as expected. I commented out the soapversion,
        > and
        > that didn't work (still complained about no base64Binary...
        >
        > Thanks again for your quick response.
        >
        > --
        > -- Tom Mornini
        > -- InfoMania Printing and Prepress
        > --
        > -- ICQ: 113526784, AOL: tmornini, Yahoo: tmornini, MSN: tmornini

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
      • Tom Mornini
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 27, 2002
          On Wednesday, February 27, 2002, at 01:41 PM, Paul Kulchenko wrote:

          > > my $s = SOAP::Lite->new(
          > >   soapversion => 1.2,
          > >   xmlschema   => '2001',
          > >   uri         => 'http://soap.soap.com/example',
          > >   proxy       => 'http://254.254.254.254/SOAP');
          > >
          > > worked fine, exactly as expected. I commented out the soapversion,
          > Just to clarify the situation (and sorry for my long absence from the
          > list; I was traveling for two weeks with occasional access to my
          > email. btw, thanks for your help, Duncan ;)).

          Hope you had a good trip!

          > use SOAP::Lite soapversion => 1.2;
          >
          > is the correct (compile-time) usage that will generate proper
          > namespaces.
          >
          > SOAP::Lite->soapversion(1.2);
          >
          > does the same thing in run-time, which is incorrect, yet allowed.
          > I'll probably generate fault in this case, because it doesn't do what
          > it should do.

          That makes sense!

          > If you just want to use 2001 Schema (and I believe it'll be
          > sufficient in this case), then 'xmlschema => 2001' will be enough. If
          > you want to play with SOAP 1.2, then 'soapversion => 1.2' will be
          > enough and you don't need to use xmlschema => 2001 in this case, it's
          > used with SOAP 1.2 by default. Hope it makes it more clear.

          OK. That's interesting and useful information. Thank you very much for
          your time.

          --
          -- Tom Mornini
          -- eWingz Systems, Inc.