Schema namespace (repost)

  • McEvoy, Peter
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2002
      Peter McEvoy
      Hi guys,
          I'm just sending a repost to this problem, as I got no feedback.  I certainly think this is an option in SOAP::Lite, as the soaplite.com page says that it does support the 1999 and 2001 XMLSchema namespace.

      Basically I am trying to write a SOAP::Lite client that will connect to a Java webservice.  The Server is sending back an error (below) and I feel that I should be able to configure my client to use a different schema - How can I achieve this?

      C:\TMP\xmlbus\clients>testPerlClient.pl
      SOAP-ENV:Server,
      xsi:type doesn't match. Expected
      http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:float but found
      http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema:float,

      WHen debug is on, I can see that the client envelope does indeed send
      a 1999 namespace.

      The WSDL for the service does have the following declaration in the
      definitions section.

      xmlns:xsi="
      http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance
      Surely once the client reads the WSDL, it should be able to use the correct namespace?

      Pete

    • Duncan Cameron
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 22, 2002
        On 2002-02-22 McEvoy, Peter wrote:
        >Hi guys,
        > I'm just sending a repost to this problem, as I got no feedback. I
        >certainly think this is an option in SOAP::Lite, as the soaplite.com
        >page says that it does support the 1999 and 2001 XMLSchema namespace.
        >
        >Basically I am trying to write a SOAP::Lite client that will connect to
        >a Java webservice. The Server is sending back an error (below) and I
        >feel that I should be able to configure my client to use a different
        >schema - How can I achieve this?
        >

        >C:\TMP\xmlbus\clients>testPerlClient.pl
        >SOAP-ENV:Server,
        >xsi:type doesn't match. Expected
        > <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:float>
        >http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:float but found
        > <http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema:float,>
        >http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema:float,
        >
        >WHen debug is on, I can see that the client envelope does indeed send
        >a 1999 namespace.
        >
        >The WSDL for the service does have the following declaration in the
        >definitions section.
        >
        >xmlns:xsi=" <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance>
        >http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance
        >
        >Surely once the client reads the WSDL, it should be able to use the
        >correct namespace?

        The following might do what you want:

        my $soap = SOAP::Lite
        ->proxy("http://$server:$port/$endpoint")