Help with my Soap Envelope and SOAPLite

  • jpdurrios
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2002
      Hi

      Thanx sm for your help, I was able to fix the Response part of my
      Web Service Problem.

      Now I compared the SOAP envelope and my WSDL

      <message name="stockquote_lasttradeRequest">
      <part name="symbol" type="xsd:string"/>
      </message>
      <message name="stockquote_lasttradeResponse">
      <part name="Result" type="xsd:float"/>
      </message>

      If I use on_debug( sub { print @_ } )

      I get the following SOAP envelope sent to my Server by the client:

      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <namesp1:stockquote_lasttrade
      xmlns:namesp1="http://www.durrios.com/Finance">
      <c-gensym3 xsi:type="xsd:string">sunw</c-gensym3>
      </namesp1:stockquote_lasttrade>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>

      As you can see my WSDL contains:
      <part name="symbol" type="xsd:string"/>

      But the SOAP enveloped received is:
      <c-gensym3 xsi:type="xsd:string">sunw</c-gensym3>

      Does it mean that when a client sends a SOAP request the server
      doesn't care about the name? (symbol != c-gensym3)

      Or do I need to modify my code? and what to modify?

      Thank you for helping!

      JP
    • Sam Tregar
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2002
        On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, jpdurrios wrote:

        > Does it mean that when a client sends a SOAP request the server
        > doesn't care about the name? (symbol != c-gensym3)

        Well, this is Perl - since when did Perl care about the names of arguments
        to methods? If you want to call a SOAP method with a named param you call
        SOAP::Data's name() function:

        $soap->getMeSomeHotStockPicks(name(when => "NOW!!!"));

        Does this sound familiar? It should; this was the solution to your last
        problem too!

        -sam