SOAPLite - CGI - Performance

  • bveeraswami
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2002
      I was trying different implementations of SOAP (mainly SOAPLite and
      gSoap)
      SOAPLite was the easiest to write web services but too slow.
      I tried a simple HelloWorld service (cgi based service). Tooo Slow.
      Any idea's on increasing performance ?

      Bala
      SOAPLite vs gSoap
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2002
        Hi, Bala!

        --- bveeraswami <bveeraswami@...> wrote:
        > I was trying different implementations of SOAP (mainly SOAPLite and
        > gSoap)
        > SOAPLite was the easiest to write web services but too slow.
        > I tried a simple HelloWorld service (cgi based service). Tooo
        > Slow.
        > Any idea's on increasing performance ?
        Standalone daemon, Apache::Registry or mod_perl can significantly
        increase performance (5-8 times or more, depending on your
        configuration). There are also ways to optimize de/serializer for
        your specific needs, but it helps only in some cases (you may search
        soaplite list archives for more information on that).

        http://greetings.yahoo.com