Re: [soaplite] Debug output doesn't show cookies in header

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2002
      Hi, Sam!

      > Which looks like cookies aren't working since there's no cookie
      > header,
      > but the server does recieve the cookie! Something must be broken
      > in the debug system, I think.
      In a way, yes. What you see in debug output is produced by
      HTTP::Request->as_string() method, and doesn't include information
      that will be applied later by LWP::UserAgent (cookie, proxy) or
      LWP::Protocol::* (authentication). You may use tcp/http proxy to get
      real wiredumps, however it's not necessary in most cases.

      Let me know if you disagree and know the way to get real wiredump on
      client side.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- Sam Tregar <sam@...> wrote:
      > Hello all. I'm using cookie-based authentication and I'm having a
      > problem
      > with the output from
      >
      > use SOAP::Lite trace => [qw(debug)];
      >
      > When I send a request to the server after logging in I see:
      >
      > SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client::send_receive: POST
      > http://localhost/soap
      > Accept: text/xml
      > Accept: multipart/*
      > SOAPAction:
      > "http://bricolage.sourceforge.net/Bric/SOAP/Story#list_ids"
      >
      > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      >
      > Which looks like cookies aren't working since there's no cookie
      > header,
      > but the server does recieve the cookie! Something must be broken
      > in the
      > debug system, I think.
      >
      > -sam

      http://auctions.yahoo.com
    • Sam Tregar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2002
        On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Paul Kulchenko wrote:

        > In a way, yes. What you see in debug output is produced by
        > HTTP::Request->as_string() method, and doesn't include information
        > that will be applied later by LWP::UserAgent (cookie, proxy) or
        > LWP::Protocol::* (authentication). You may use tcp/http proxy to get
        > real wiredumps, however it's not necessary in most cases.

        Ok. Perhaps we should add a note in the docs about this then. This
        problem actually caused me a good deal of trouble - I thought the cookie
        wasn't being sent to the server when in fact the real bug was in the
        server itself! I was naively sure that when I got the client fixed I
        would see a Cookie: header in the debug output...

        -sam