Re: $My::SOAP::Transport::CGI::POST_MAX = 100 * 1024

  • aaron_of_montreal
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 21, 2002

      > The only problem that I currently have is whether I should return
      > HTTP error (for example: "413 Request Entity Too Large") or SOAP

      If you follow the examples set by CGI.pm and the "Contentious Issues"
      section of the SOAP book, wouldn't you do both? e.g. return the fault,
      but set the reponse code to 413.

      > fault. I can also generate "411 Length Required" when there is no
      > Content-length header.

      I guess my preference would be to actually read/count the bytes since
      the Content-length header could, arguably, be tweaked and not match
      the actual size of the request.

      If returning a 411 code is the "Right Thing" to do then I can deal but
      I am more concerned with how much data is really being read from
      STDIN.

      Cheers,