Error: Can't call method "result"

  • swapan_das
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 21, 2002
      Hi,

      When I call print "$result->result();"

      Can't call method "result" without a package or object reference at
      test1.pl line 10.

      I am trying to return a string back from JAVA to SOAP::Lite.

      Thanks,
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 21, 2002
        Hi, swapan_das!

        What's the code that puts value in $result? If you use autodispatch
        or access endpoint with service description, then $result variable
        already contains your string and you don't need to call result()

        Best wishes, Paul.

        --- swapan_das <swapan_das@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > When I call print "$result->result();"
        >
        > Can't call method "result" without a package or object reference at
        >
        > test1.pl line 10.
        >
        > I am trying to return a string back from JAVA to SOAP::Lite.
        >
        > Thanks,

        Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
        http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
      • swapan_das
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 22, 2002
          Paul,

          Below is the header information that I get from the soap envelope.
          How do I use the glue session id in my subsequent requests to a
          different or same "access endpoint with service description"?

          Thanks in advance,

          -------------------
          </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
          HTTP/1.1 200 OK
          Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 02:03:01 GMT
          Server: GLUE/1.3
          Client-Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 02:03:01 GMT
          Client-Peer: 192.168.1.127:8004
          Set-Cookie: GLUE-Session=1179035536303316211; expires=Tuesday, 22-Jan-
          02 06:03:01 GMT; path=/glue

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 22, 2002
            Hi, swapan_das!

            --- swapan_das <swapan_das@...> wrote:
            > Below is the header information that I get from the soap envelope.
            > How do I use the glue session id in my subsequent requests to a
            > different or same "access endpoint with service description"?

            You can do something like this:

            use HTTP::Cookies;
            use SOAP::Lite;

            # you may also add 'file' if you want to keep cookie between sessions
            my $soap->proxy('http://localhost/',
            cookie_jar => HTTP::Cookies->new(ignore_discard => 1));

            Check "Using cookies" section in SOAP Cookbook for more
            information(http://cookbook.soaplite.com/).

            Best wishes, Paul.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 22, 2002
              Cool! That worked!! Hopefully last question..

              I have multiple endpoints.

              my $soap = SOAP::Lite->service
              ('http://localhost:8004/glue/urn:glueXXX1.wsdl');
              my $soap1 = SOAP::Lite->service
              ('http://localhost:8004/glue/urn:glueXXX2.wsdl');

              Is the above definiion correct? Should I use something like :

              $soap->proxy('http://endpoint.server/',
              proxy => ['http' => 'http://my.proxy.server/']);

              If so how? I can't get it to work. As I keep getting "500 (Internal
              Server Error) Unknown error".

              Lastly, how do I pass the cookie between these services.

              Thanks a bunch,

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 22, 2002
                Hi, swapan_das!

                --- swapan_das <swapan_das@...> wrote:
                > I have multiple endpoints.
                >
                > my $soap = SOAP::Lite->service
                > ('http://localhost:8004/glue/urn:glueXXX1.wsdl');
                > my $soap1 = SOAP::Lite->service
                > ('http://localhost:8004/glue/urn:glueXXX2.wsdl');
                >
                > Is the above definiion correct? Should I use something like :
                >
                > $soap->proxy('http://endpoint.server/',
                > proxy => ['http' => 'http://my.proxy.server/']);
                Yes, that should work (don't confuse 'proxy' from SOAP::Lite and
                'proxy' from LWP::UserAgent:

                $soap->proxy('http://fake/') # SOAP::Lite's
                ->transport
                ->proxy(http => 'http://my.proxy.server/'); # LWP::UserAgent's

                --OR short version--
                $soap->proxy('http://fake/',
                proxy => ['http' => 'http://my.proxy.server/']);

                You can always use transport() method to get an access to low-level
                transport settings, but the feature is that transport object doesn't
                exist yet (it will be created during the first call, because
                transport depends on endpoint address in WSDL), so you need to create
                it first using fake URL (only protocol part is important).

                proxy() creates transport object, transport() returns this object and
                you can call any methods you want. You can get/set options, timeout,
                cookies or anything else. You need to use proxy() call ONLY if you
                want to specify something before the first call. After that transport
                object already exists and can be accessed.

                > Lastly, how do I pass the cookie between these services.
                do something like this (untested):

                use HTTP::Cookies;
                my $cookie = HTTP::Cookies->new(ignore_discard => 1);

                $soap->proxy('http://fake/', cookie_jar => $cookie);
                $soap1->proxy('http://fake/', cookie_jar => $cookie);

                Then use $soap, $soap1 as usual.

                If you just need to specify proxy parameters, you can also use
                HTTP_proxy and HTTP_proxy_user/HTTP_proxy_pass that work from
                WSDL-based interface also.