Re: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite architecture

  • Sam Tregar
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 21, 2002
      On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Paul Kulchenko wrote:

      > Actually that's precisely what I did (you can find my message in the
      > archive). And I carefully checked archives on that and related
      > topics. In most cases you register MAIN namespace for your module,
      > but I never heard about registering internal modules and any
      > recommendations as for namespaces they should use.

      What is the point of registering a namespace if you don't register all
      that you intend to use? As I understand it, the point behind registering
      namespaces is so that people will know that you "own" that name. Now,
      most modules can get away with just registering the base name since they
      keep their private modules below their base - i.e. registering Foo::Bar
      and then including Foo::Bar::Baz and Foo::Bar::Bif. However, the same
      does not apply to registering Foo::Bar and then including Foo::Baz and
      Foo::Bif in your distribution.

      But I think you understand what I'm saying - I don't mean to beat you over
      the head with it. What's done is done, right?

      -sam