Re: Connection to SOAP::Transport::TCP using SSL

  • churd6669
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2002
      Paul,

      Just a short update of what I have done. I included the parameters
      as you suggested and when I attempted to run the script it went CPU
      bound and hung.

      If run the SOAP server and client successfully using
      SOAP::Transport::TCP without the SSL. I have also successfully
      run a server using IO::Socket::SSL with the same parameters as I
      am trying with the SOAP server:

      Server:
      (.... SSL_server => 1, SSL_use_cert => 1, SSL_verify_mode => 0x00)

      Client:
      (.... SSL_use_cert => 1, SSL_verify_mode => 1)

      Any suggestions?

      Thank you,
      Chris Hurd

      > Hi, Chris!
      >
      > > Does anyone know how I would connect using autodispatch and
      > > specifying the SSL parameters that would be needed?
      > Should be enough to specify SSL_* parameters as additional parameters
      > for proxy method:
      >
      > use SOAP::Lite +autodispatch =>
      > proxy => ['tcp://...', SSL_use_cert => 1]
      > ;
      >
      > To check you may add:
      >
      > print "SSL enabled\n" if SOAP::Lite->self->transport->SSL;
      >
      > Let me know if it doesn't work for you.
      >
      > Best wishes, Paul.
      >
      > --- churd6669 <churd@c...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have the server set up using:
      > >
      > > my $daemon = SOAP::Transport::TCP::Server
      > > -> new(LocalAddr => 'blah.com', LocalPort => '6669', Listen => 5,
      > > Reuse => 1, SSL_verify_mode => '0x00', SSL_server => 1,
      > > SSL_use_cert => 1)
      > > -> dispatch_to('Foo');
      > >

      > > Does anyone know how I would connect using autodispatch and
      > > specifying the SSL parameters that would be needed?
      > >
      > > Any help would be appreciated,
      > > Chris Hurd

      > http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
    • churd6669
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2002
        I figured out the problem.

        In SOAP/Transport/TCP.pm there is no 'use IO::Socket::SSL;'.
        Once I put that in...everything works.

        Chris Hurd

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2002
          Hi, Chris!

          You're right. Server side loads IO::Socket::SSL if it isn't loaded,
          but client side doesn't, so you need to that manually. It tries to
          autodispatch unresolved method again, hence looks like it hangs.
          Fixed. Thanks.

          Best wishes, Paul.

          Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
          http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/