Using WSDL

  • jpdurrios
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2001
      Hi,

      I am trying to use this service using Soap::Lite

      http://www.xmethods.net/sd/2001/BNQuoteService.wsdl

      Can someone correct me?

      - The operation I am calling in is getPrice ?
      - and I will use return or result?

      Questions:

      How do I perform the following process:

      - Querying xmethods UDDI to learn about how to contact the
      BNQuoteService ? Right now, I am reading the WSDL myself, which is
      not good :(

      Thx

      JP
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 20, 2001
        Hi, JP!

        --- jpdurrios <jpdurrios@...> wrote:
        > I am trying to use this service using Soap::Lite
        >
        > http://www.xmethods.net/sd/2001/BNQuoteService.wsdl
        >
        > Can someone correct me?
        >
        > - The operation I am calling in is getPrice ?
        > - and I will use return or result?
        That's an example:

        use SOAP::Lite;

        print SOAP::Lite
        -> service('http://www.xmethods.net/sd/BNQuoteService.wsdl')
        -> getPrice('0596000278')
        ;

        > Questions:
        >
        > How do I perform the following process:
        >
        > - Querying xmethods UDDI to learn about how to contact the
        > BNQuoteService ? Right now, I am reading the WSDL myself, which is
        > not good :(
        For example on querying UDDI and then making a call you may take a
        look into examples/fullsearch.pl

        In general user need to have some external knowledge about service he
        wants to use. It could be documentation, WSDL file or something else.
        All ways are perfectly legal. Technical details about service will be
        taken from WSDL file, but name of the method, order of parameters and
        their business meaning must be known from somewhere before call
        occurs. One of the search models for UDDI is when you already know
        what kind of service you're looking for (tModel) and query UDDI
        repository searching for that kind of service.

        or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com