Re: SOAP::Transport::MAILTO - Heck, I'm stumped

  • dduuggllaa
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 18, 2001
      Ok,

      I've almost got things working ... I just resurfaced from hacking on
      sendmail (alias mucking) and I am still a bit shaken by the
      unpleasant experience. Lord have mercy, sendmail hacking can make a
      man weep.

      Anyway here's where I'm at.

      my aliases file from sendmail:
      soapserver.soap: "| /home/turner/play/soap/smtp-soap-server.pl"

      my client:
      use SOAP::Lite +trace => qw(debug);

      my $client = SOAP::Lite->uri('HiByeLanguages');
      $client->proxy('mailto:soapserver.soap', smtp => 'lalla.uvs.is', From
      => 'turner@...', Subject => 'SOAP message');

      $client->hi();

      exit;

      my server:
      #!/usr/bin/perl -w
      #
      use strict;
      use diagnostics;
      use SOAP::Transport::IO;

      my $dispatch = SOAP::Transport::IO::Server->new();

      $dispatch->dispatch_to('/usr/local/soap/modules');
      $dispatch->handle;

      exit;

      My problem stems from my general ingnorance (well actually fear) of
      sendmail. Since soapserver.soap is merely a fictitious name used as
      an entry point to smtp-soap-server.pl how do I direct the response to
      the intended email destination (turner@...)?

      Is it possible to capture the result of the $dispatch->handle call
      within smtp-soap-server.pl? If so, I can just add some code that uses
      Mail::Sendmail to get the mail where I want it, right?

      Cheers,
      Doug