Change enpoint address in stubmaker generated files.

  • peterfwilkinson_au
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2001
      Hi,
      Is there a way to set the ip address/hostname to use when using a
      stubmaker generated module rather than the ip address that was
      passed in as the host in the wsdl url?

      The reason is we have a number of different machines all supplying
      the same wsdl and would like to just generate the one module and
      call it with the ip as appropriate.

      Thanks.
      PeterW.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2001
        Hi, Peter!

        --- peterfwilkinson_au <pw-yahoogroups@...> wrote:
        > Is there a way to set the ip address/hostname to use when using a
        > stubmaker generated module rather than the ip address that was
        > passed in as the host in the wsdl url?
        Yes. There are two types of WSDL files: "full" WSDL that has
        interface description as well as service (endpoint) address and
        "tModel" WSDL that has only interface description. In first case you
        can't change service address easily. In second case (when you don't
        have service part) you can specify endpoint address using proxy()
        method. Everything else is the same. Example of tModel WSDL you may
        find here (http://www.xmethods.net/tmodels/SimpleStockQuote.wsdl).

        use it as this:

        $service = MyService->proxy(.....);
        $service->myMethod();

        examples/fullsearch.pl also has an example of "tModel" WSDL file.

        Since there is no service name, you need to call stubmaker.pl with
        one additional parameter, service name:

        perl stubmaker.pl http://..... MyService

        otherwise generated stub will have 'FakeService' name.

        Let me know if you have any questions.

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
      • peterfwilkinson_au
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 14, 2001
          Thanks Paul, I've had a chance to look at this and I can happily
          report success!

          For the record I'm talking to GLUE 1.3 and generating the wsdl using
          its java2wsdl tool - for anyone else who needs this it works a treat.

          PeterW.