Re: [soaplite] SOAP::Lite & WSDL - some questions (long)

  • Mental
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2001
      On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 01:16:31PM -0800, Paul Kulchenko wrote:
      > Hi, Mental!
      >
      > --- Mental <Mental@...> wrote:
      > > Forgive the question, but can you set a timeout for something
      > > you're accessing via ->service similarly?
      > Sure your can ;). Take a look here for more information:
      >
      > For you code may look like:
      >
      > $s = SOAP::Lite->service('http://somewhere/something.wsdl');
      > $s->proxy('http://fake/', timeout => 3);
      >
      > only protocol part is important for fake proxy. In a similar fashion
      > you can specify all other transport parameters, like proxy, cookie
      > and the rest.
      >
      > > If SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Client ISA LWP::UserAgent then I should
      > > be able to set a timeout for the session.... right?
      > yes, as well as all other transport options.
      >
      > Best wishes, Paul.

      Hey, thanks! I was reading through the code and was thinking....

      why not add a new entry to SOAP::Constants. Something like
      $CONNECT_TIMEOUT with a reasonable value. Then in each transport set its
      timeout to that value when you instantiate a new client. It'd be easy to
      do, inside HTTP.pm in sub patch, just set LWP::Useragent's time out to
      $SOAP::Constants::CONNECT_TIMEOUT.

      You way certainly works, its just less hacky looking if there were a
      proper get/set for it. Know what I mean? No need for a fake proxy.

      Or would this be abusing the purpose of SOAP::Constants? I'm still not
      overly familiar with the code base.

      I havent looked at the other protocols yet, so it may not be applicable to
      say... udp protocols. But still. It could be a cool thing to have handy.

      Anyways, just thinking about it...

      Thanks again!

      --
      Mental (Mental@...)