Disable 0.51+ extended array serialization?

  • Alex Harper
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
      Hi,

      we've been frozen against SOAP::Lite 0.46 (client) and SOAP::Lite 0.50
      (server) since our last code freeze many months ago. For various reasons
      we're now upgrading our servers to 0.52, but if possible would like to
      avoid the upgrade on the (hundreds) of client machines we are
      responsible for.

      Everything seems OK working with older clients and newer servers except
      for deserialization of arrays of objects. In this case we get
      desierialization errors for namespaces such as
      "PowderKeg__StatusMessage__Detail[2]". Note the [2] which I presume is a
      part of the extended array deserialization mentioned in the 0.51 release
      notes. Is this something that can be disabled? Are there other interop
      gotchas between 0.46 and 0.52?

      Sorry if this is RTFM, but I was unable to find mention of the extended
      array support anywhere aside from an October thread discussing this
      namespace format interop with other SOAP implementations.

      Thanks for any assistance,

      Alex
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
        Hi, Alex!

        --- Alex Harper <aharper@...> wrote:
        > Everything seems OK working with older clients and newer servers
        > except
        > for deserialization of arrays of objects. In this case we get
        > desierialization errors for namespaces such as
        > "PowderKeg__StatusMessage__Detail[2]". Note the [2] which I presume
        Would you send me offlist detailed example of what's wrong? XML
        fragment and client/server code (if I'll be able to run them) would
        be helpful.

        > is a
        > part of the extended array deserialization mentioned in the 0.51
        > release notes. Is this something that can be disabled?
        I need to take a look first. There is no options for deserialization,
        but it might be quite easy to override parts of deserializer if you
        need to change some functionality.

        > Are there other interop gotchas between 0.46 and 0.52?
        I tried to document all possible incompatibilities in
        INCOMPATIBILITIES section in README file. Take a look there, maybe
        you find something for your case.

        http://shopping.yahoo.com