Re: [soaplite] Passing XML argument via service description - a bug?

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2001
      Hi, Fred!

      --- Fred Toth <ftoth@...> wrote:
      > When passing an XML payload as a string using normal SOAP::Lite
      > client calls, the XML gets encoded so that it looks like content.
      > For example, '<' gets converted to <, etc.
      > However, it appears that when doing the same thing via a service
      > description,
      > the XML does NOT get encoded. (I'm using version 0.52 on linux, but
      > this also happened in 0.50.)
      > Is this a bug? Or lack of understanding on my part? (There's lots
      > of that!)
      I would say that's a bug. It depends however on your WSDL
      description. When you have

      <message name="echoStringRequest">
      <part name="a" type="string" />

      your string will encoded. If you have:

      <message name="echoStringRequest">
      <part name="a" type="xsd:string" />

      it will not.

      The same thing happens with non-service code also:

      SOAP::Data->type(string => '<>'); # encodes data, whereas
      SOAP::Data->type('xsd:string' => '<>'); # doesn't

      I think that's something that should be changed (at least for service
      code, because both are valid and equivalent forms).