Re: [soaplite] apache soap breaks with 0.52

  • werner ackerl
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 27, 2001
      --- Paul Kulchenko <paulclinger@...> wrote:
      > > btw, there must be a better way than uri_escaping
      > all strings;
      > Why do you need to do that? If you specify type
      > (string) SOAP::Lite
      > will take care about escaping '<', '&' and ']]>'.

      yes, it does. but it doesn't do anything about
      spacial characters > 0x7F, like german umlauts.
      they seem to work ok on the perl side, but again
      java is the problem. if the xml parser gets
      anything with an umlaut inside, it complains
      about not being able to find the next closing tag.
      and if java is asked to put an umlaut into a soap
      message, it puts out two characters. maybe the
      unicode representation of that umlaut.
      > > return SOAP::Data->type( 'Array') ->
      > name( daten =>
      > You don't need to specify type for arrays.
      > SOAP::Lite will do that
      > base on value (which is array reference). If you do
      > specify Array as
      > a type, serializer thinks that it's some custom type
      > 'Array' and put
      > it into specific namespace (that's why ApacheSOAP
      > complains). Just
      > do:
      >
      > SOAP::Data->name(daten => \@ary);
      that works. thanks.
      (strange that my old approach did work with
      0.51 too. was that the bug?)

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 27, 2001
        Hi, Werner!

        --- werner ackerl <cjbecjbe@...> wrote:
        > yes, it does. but it doesn't do anything about
        > spacial characters > 0x7F, like german umlauts.
        Yes, it doesn't. Details about why and what to do you may find here:

        Code examples are in cookbook (http://cookbook.soaplite.com/) or in
        conference materials here: http://conf.soaplite.com/p2p/35.html

        My interoperability tests for special chars don't show any problem
        with Java implementations.

        > that works. thanks.
        > (strange that my old approach did work with
        > 0.51 too. was that the bug?)
        Low-level mechanism for binding classes to namespaces changed. For
        every complex type namespace will be choosen from the hash specified
        as parameter for maptypes(), and for all other types default
        namespace will be used (that's why Array type gets it). Array has
        it's own handling because of number of attributes (like arrayType)
        that other types don't have.

        http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1