Re: [soaplite] Newbie problem with MIME

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2001
      Hi,

      --- nalbela@... wrote:
      > I'm trying to get the server to send a file as an attachment in the
      > response. I'm really not sure how to go about doing it. I tried
      > looking at MIME::Lite and MIME::Tools, but i'm not sure how to link
      > up the SOAP messages (the xml part) with the MIME part.
      >
      > I know it sounds dumb but any suggestions would be very much
      > appreciated.
      It's not dumb, but you won't get any help from SOAP::Lite on this
      side now. You need to create multipart/related message, where one
      part has XML payload (pointed by start= attribute) and other parts
      are whatever you want. They are linked with
      Content-ID/Content-Location MIME headers and href attribute. SOAP
      messages with Atatchments specification [1] describes it and
      t/04-attach.t file has several examples of MIME messages.

      > Also, if we want to deserialise the MIME messages, do we only need
      > to change the deserializer on the client side???
      No, you don't need to do anything specific. SOAP::Lite should be
      smart enough to deserialize pure XML and MIME encoded messages. You
      may need to have MIME::Parser thought.

      Future version may include MIME generation also. It's on my TODO, but
      it's not the first item on the list.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP-attachments

      http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1