Newbie problem with MIME

  • nalbela@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2001
      HI,

      I'm trying to get the server to send a file as an attachment in the
      response. I'm really not sure how to go about doing it. I tried
      looking at MIME::Lite and MIME::Tools, but i'm not sure how to link
      up the SOAP messages (the xml part) with the MIME part.

      I know it sounds dumb but any suggestions would be very much
      appreciated.

      Also, if we want to deserialise the MIME messages, do we only need
      to change the deserializer on the client side???
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 23, 2001
        Hi,

        --- nalbela@... wrote:
        > I'm trying to get the server to send a file as an attachment in the
        > response. I'm really not sure how to go about doing it. I tried
        > looking at MIME::Lite and MIME::Tools, but i'm not sure how to link
        > up the SOAP messages (the xml part) with the MIME part.
        >
        > I know it sounds dumb but any suggestions would be very much
        > appreciated.
        It's not dumb, but you won't get any help from SOAP::Lite on this
        side now. You need to create multipart/related message, where one
        part has XML payload (pointed by start= attribute) and other parts
        are whatever you want. They are linked with
        Content-ID/Content-Location MIME headers and href attribute. SOAP
        messages with Atatchments specification [1] describes it and
        t/04-attach.t file has several examples of MIME messages.

        > Also, if we want to deserialise the MIME messages, do we only need
        > to change the deserializer on the client side???
        No, you don't need to do anything specific. SOAP::Lite should be
        smart enough to deserialize pure XML and MIME encoded messages. You
        may need to have MIME::Parser thought.

        Future version may include MIME generation also. It's on my TODO, but
        it's not the first item on the list.

        Best wishes, Paul.

        [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP-attachments

        http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1