https - OpenSSL required?

  • L Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2001
      Paul: I'm doing some development for a simple SOAP client using
      your excellent module, but I've run into one issue: In order for my
      client to talk to a WSDL service via https, it seems like I need to
      install OpenSSL from http://www.openssl.org Is this true? Any chance of using one of the CPAN modules to supply this functionality?

      I'm also curious about the ->data method in your response. I've
      looked at the guide on soaplite.com, can you point me to anything
      more detailed?

      Thanks for your help.

      kowalski
    • Dana Powers
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 18, 2001
        The CPAN module you need is Crypt::SSLeay
        (http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Crypt-SSLeay). It requires having
        installed openssl first, however. Once Crypt::SSLeay is successfully
        installed, you should be able to use https endpoints with no extra
        configuration - LWP, which handles the transport, will load the required
        libraries transparently.
        dpk

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 19, 2001
          --- L Miller <kowalski@...> wrote:
          > Any chance of using one of the CPAN modules to supply this
          > functionality?
          Dana Powers already gave the right answer.

          > I'm also curious about the ->data method in your response. I've
          > looked at the guide on soaplite.com, can you point me to anything
          > more detailed?
          what's the ->data method? Would you show the code example, it'll
          refresh my memory ;)? Thanks.

          http://personals.yahoo.com