problem sending xml to a server that uses XML::Parser::Lite

  • mrdamnfrenchy@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2001
      First, congratulation on Geoff Ellis for sending message 1000 to this group :)

      The problem:

      I have a SOAP::Lite client sending xml documents to a SOAP::Lite server that uses XML::Parser::Lite.

      Now, in order for the xml document to make it accross, all < and & are encoded as < and & respectively.

      The problem is that XML::Parser::Lite doesn't do entity decoding.

      Is there a way to deal with this without having the apps do the decoding afterwards?
    • Rajal Shah
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 24, 2003
        By default SOAP::Lite uses XML::Parser and thus should be encoding
        all the XML text in the message then.. But I don't get this
        behavior?.. Is there anything I could do in my client code to force
        the "&" to be encoded as "&" etc.?

        I am using stubmaker.pl to create the client stub.

        --
        Rajal