887Re: [soaplite] Odd Behavior

    Oct 4, 2001
      Hi, Ivan!

      > I tend to use use strict; but even so in some files where I'm using
      > SOAP
      > calls syntax errors or other wrongness don't get reported. What
      > happens is SOAPLite reports,
      >
      > something like 'can't call send_receive on blah blah blah'.
      >
      > SOAPLite must be doing some deep magic to hide the errors from me
      > :-).
      Could you show full client example where you see this error.

      Only one reason I can think about is calling method before specifying
      proxy() address:

      SOAP::Lite->uri()->mymethod...

      instead of

      SOAP::Lite->uri()->proxy()->mymethod...

      In this case underlying transport object doesn't exist and perl
      complains on call send_receive on undefined value. I'll probably add
      check and better diagnostics. Let me know if it's something else.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- "Ivan R. Judson" <judson@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I've been happily hacking away on my SOAP application getting close
      > getting finished.
      >
      > I just wanted to report a small oddity that I can't capture very
      > cleanly
      > into a little example yet, but thought should get brought up.
      >
      > I tend to use use strict; but even so in some files where I'm using
      > SOAP
      > calls syntax errors or other wrongness don't get reported. What
      > happens is
      > SOAPLite reports,
      >
      > something like 'can't call send_receive on blah blah blah'.
      >
      > SOAPLite must be doing some deep magic to hide the errors from me
      > :-).
      >
      > Things are going great otherwise!
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > --Ivan

      > Ivan R. Judson .~. http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~judson
      > Futures Laboratory .~. 630 252 0920
      > Argonne National Laboratory .~. 630 252 6424 Fax

      http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic