878Re: [soaplite] SOAP server does not work

    Oct 1, 2001
      Hi, Zwei!

      --- zweili2@... wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I installed SOAPLite on Redhat Linux 6.0 (2.2.5-15) with Apache
      > 1.3.6-
      > 7. The soap client works fine accessing SOAP servers on the
      > Internet. But the server does not work (copied code from
      > instructions). When run the server on comandline, got "Status: 405
      > Method Not Allowed".
      That's correct. Server expects to get POST request and will return
      405 error when there is something else (or nothing as in your case).

      > When run the client, got "500 Internal Server
      > Error". The Apache error-log showed "[Error] (8)Exec format error:
      > exec of /home/httpd/cgi-bin/soapserver.cgi failed".
      >
      > soapserver.cgi:
      > use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;

      You don't have #! line that tells what executable will process this
      script.

      You must have this line or similar in the beginning of your script as
      you have on client side:

      #!/usr/local/bin/perl

      Also check that script has executable permissions. Everything else
      seems to be fine. Hope it helps.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      > SOAP::Transport::HTTP::CGI
      > -> dispatch_to('Demo')
      > -> handle;
      > package Demo;
      > sub hi {
      > return "hello, world";
      > }
      > sub bye {
      > return "goodbye, cruel world";
      > }
      > soapclient.cgi code
      > #!/usr/local/bin/perl
      > print "Content-type:text/html\n\n";
      > use SOAP::Lite;
      > print "<html><body>";
      > $client=SOAP::Lite->uri('http://webserver.net/Demo');
      > $myproxy=$client->proxy('http://webserver.net/cgi-
      > bin/soapserver.cgi');
      > $myresult=$myproxy->hi()->result;
      > print "Server message: ".$myresult."<br>\n";
      > print "</body></html>";
      >
      > Please tell me what my problem I have.
      >
      > Zwei

      http://phone.yahoo.com