84Re: [soaplite] Daemon process

    Mar 1, 2001
      Hi, Ray!

      > Is this the expected behavior? Could this be added to the
      > documentation?
      Short answers are Yes and No (it's documented in HTTP::Daemon and I
      tried to introduce as few changes as possible into underlying
      modules).
      Here is the perfect answer from Michael Percy:

      --- Michael Percy <mpercy@...> wrote:
      When using the Daemon, if you do not specify LocalAddr then you can
      access it with any hostname/IP alias, including localhost or
      127.0.0.1. If you specify LocalAddr in
      SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon->new() then you can only access it from
      that interface. Also, specifying "Multihomed => 1" can be helpful on
      boxes with multiple network interfaces.

      Regards,
      Mike

      --- Ray Rizzuto <ray.rizzuto@...> wrote:
      > Hi!
      >
      > I'm using the SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon for my server side.
      > The
      > machine running the server (saw) has 2 lan connections. If I use
      >
      > use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
      > my $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon
      > -> new (LocalAddr => 'saw', LocalPort => 1025)
      > -> dispatch_to('Demo')
      > ;
      >
      > I can only service clients connecting to the 1st IP address.
      >
      > I found that if I don't specify the LocalAddr, as shown below,
      > either
      > address works:
      >
      > use SOAP::Transport::HTTP;
      > my $daemon = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon
      > -> new (LocalPort => 1025)
      > -> dispatch_to('Demo')
      > ;
      >
      > Is this the expected behavior? Could this be added to the
      > documentation?
      >
      > Ray

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic