742RE: [soaplite] Re: more ASP / Lite.dll problems

  • Michael Percy
    Aug 7, 2001
      It all depends on your server code. From your earlier post...

      > 1 Response.Write(Server.CreateObject("SOAP.Lite") _
      > 2 .server("SOAP::Server") _
      > 3 .dispatch_to("PA-SOAPmodules","Demo","PA") _
      > 4
      > 5 .handle(Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)))
      (cleaned up a little for legibility ;)

      Is dispatching calls dynamically, to classes in those specified directories.
      Instead you need to do something like:

      > use PA::MyCompany;
      > use Demo::Whatever;
      > 3 .dispatch_to("PA::MyCompany","Demo::Whatever") _

      But, I don't know if this is possible or valid syntax in ASP... Obviously
      you are using dynamic dispatch and that is your problem, but I don't know if
      ASP is even capable of static dispatch. Maybe someone else who uses it
      knows.

      If you want to work around the dynamic dispatch problem, drop your "use"s
      and instead start using "require" in your scripts getting the dispatched
      requests. That's what I do in these cases.

      IMHO, an even better option would be to drop ASP in this case (gurgle) and
      use Apache or the SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon module, which comes with
      SOAP::Lite. ;)

      Hope that helps,
      Mike

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic