686RE: [soaplite] Re: SOAP LITE ON NT

  • Michael Percy
    Jul 27, 2001
      That sounds strange. Maybe you need to upgrade to a recent distribution.
      Here is a screen dump of a session I had:

      --
      C:\>perl -v

      Copyright 1987-2000, Larry Wall

      Binary build 623 provided by ActiveState Tool Corp.
      http://www.ActiveState.com
      Built 16:27:07 Dec 15 2000

      Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
      the
      GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source kit.

      this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'. If you have access to the
      Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

      C:\>ppm
      PPM interactive shell (2.1.2) - type 'help' for available commands.
      PPM> search soap
      Packages available from
      http://ppm.ActiveState.com/cgibin/PPM/ppmserver.pl?urn:/PPMServer:
      SOAP-AutoInvoke [0.25] SOAP mod_perl handler
      SOAP-Lite [0.46] Library for SOAP clients and servers in Perl
      SOAP-Lite-ActiveWorks [0.10] A SOAP Gateway into ActiveWorks Event Space
      PPM> install soap=lite
      Install package 'soap=lite?' (y/N): y
      Installing package 'soap=lite'...
      Error installing package 'soap=lite': Could not locate a PPD file for
      package soap=lite
      PPM> install soap-lite
      Install package 'soap-lite?' (y/N): y
      Installing package 'soap-lite'...
      Writing C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\SOAP\Lite\.packlist
      PPM> quit
      Quit!

      C:\>
      --

      The PPD file thing above was because I mistyped the "soap-lite" as
      "soap=lite". It means it cant find a corresponding perl package on the

      Once I types the name correctly, it only said "updating .packlist" is
      because Soap::Lite is already installed on my machine. If you were
      installing for the first time you would see lots of files get installed.

      Mike

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic