684Re: SOAP LITE ON NT

  • alan_r_young@yahoo.com
    Jul 27, 2001
      OK thanks that gives me something to try
      Ok another question... assuming I get it installed right
      the soaplite.com web page shows a sample server but
      one line is very confusing to me..
      <%
      Response.ContentType = "text/xml"
      Response.Write(Server.CreateObject("SOAP.Lite") _
      .server("SOAP::Server") _
      .dispatch_to("/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules") _
      .handle(Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)) _
      )
      %>

      the line that says
      .dispatch_to("/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules") _

      begs the question, probably a stupid one
      are the depployed modules supposed to be in Perl
      or can they be in VB?
      If they are in VB, I cannot find one example of a VB module for a
      soap lite server.

      Any ideas for me, I feel stupid here...
      Alan Young

      --- In soaplite@y..., Michael Percy <mpercy@p...> wrote:
      > ActiveState actually *uses* SOAP::Lite for their ppm (perl package
      manager)
      > thing. I believe it's the basis for their querying mechanism. ppm
      is like
      > CPAN, but it also adds dependencies to the equation.
      >
      > I would suggest you download the latest version of perl from
      ActiveState
      > www.activestate.com, and SOAP::Lite should work right "out of the
      box". I
      > know it did for me on *my* NT box.
      >
      > To isolate your problem, do the following:
      > 1.) At the command prompt type:
      > perl -e 'use SOAP::Lite;'
      >
      > If that returns an error then use the latest ActiveState
      Perl