683RE: [soaplite] SOAP LITE ON NT

  • Michael Percy
    Jul 27, 2001
      ActiveState actually *uses* SOAP::Lite for their ppm (perl package manager)
      thing. I believe it's the basis for their querying mechanism. ppm is like
      CPAN, but it also adds dependencies to the equation.

      I would suggest you download the latest version of perl from ActiveState
      www.activestate.com, and SOAP::Lite should work right "out of the box". I
      know it did for me on *my* NT box.

      To isolate your problem, do the following:
      1.) At the command prompt type:
      perl -e 'use SOAP::Lite;'

      If that returns an error then use the latest ActiveState Perl
      distribution and try again.

      Alternatively, if you are already running an old version of
      ActiveState, type "ppm" at the command prompt, and then when inside the ppm
      shell run "install soap-lite". This should install the whole thing for you
      (but only the latest version ActiveState supports, probably not the latest
      version from Paul), as well as take care of all dependencies, i.e.
      XML::Parser, if required. ppm rocks.

      Once you have installed ActiveState's version of SOAP::Lite + all
      its dependencies, you can install the latest version on top of it yourself.

      2.) If step 1 does not return an error, then your perl installation is
      fine and you have a misconfiguration in your IIS install, apparently. Not
      sure what to do about that, I have never used IIS...

      HTH,
      Mike

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic