6538SOAP::Lite performance

  • x_at_y_or_z
    Nov 24, 2010
      Hello everybody.

      I've tried to use SOAP::Lite to access the API of SevOne (a monitoring solution), however it seems to have very poor performance. For example the line below takes on the order of minutes:

      my $client = SOAP::Lite->service($WSDL_FILE);

      I have version 0.712 of SOAP::Lite and Perl 5.10.1 on Ubuntu. I also collected a NYTProf dump of the process which you can download from here (together with the wsdl file): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5973603/soap-lite-profile.tar.bz2

      I've tried to search for methods of improving this speed, however I came up empty handed. Is there something I missed (like installing XS versions of modules, etc) that I could do to have an acceptable performance level? (btw my machine is quite powerful - doual-core Intel Q6600 cpu @2.4 GHz - and I would expect times at least < 10sec).

      Best regards,
      Attila
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic