6513Re: [soaplite] Re: soap client gets permission denied

  • Chris Woodfield
    Oct 5, 2010
      Please tell me that you've already verified that server.cgi is readable and executable by the (most likely unprivileged) UID that your apache daemon runs as...

      -C

      On Oct 5, 2010, at 10:43 55PM, prami_22 wrote:

      here is my server & client code
      #-------------------server.cgi----------------------
      #!/usr/bin
      soap:Server, can't open /home/pramila/config: Permission denied at /var/www/html/soap/server.cgi line 13.

      -Regards,
      Pramila

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Dave Howorth <dhoworth@...> wrote:

      > prami_22 wrote:
      > > I am writing a web service to return contents of a file
      > > At server side I can open a file & read contents but when client calls same method, I get permission denied error.
      > > Please explain why am I getting this error & how to avoid it
      >
      > You're getting it because you've done something wrong and you could
      > avoid it either by fixing it or by using a different solution.
      >
      > If you want some more specific help, posting your code and the actual
      > messages you see will help people to help you.
      >
      > Cheers, Dave

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic