6477Sending Unicode strings

  • andrew.smith@yale.edu
    May 5 2:27 PM
      I've been trying to figure this out on my own, e.g. by reading this mail list and sites like:

      http://cookbook.soaplite.com/#internationalization%20and%20encoding

      but I cannot seem to figure out my problem. Basically, I want to send unicode strings, e.g. like "...EBP\x{3b1}-ER..." (and this unicode string was something I actually received back in a Soap response). When I just send them directly, they get base 64 encoded. However, when I try to explicitly set their type to string as is recommended, i.e.

      $string_val = SOAP::Data->type(string => $unicode_val);

      then I get the error:

      HTTP::Message content must be bytes at /apps/sys/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.pm line 204

      How can I send such Unicode strings? I'm using the latest version of SOAP::Lite.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic