6445Empty Result Returned in SOAP::Lite but not soapUI GUI using same request

  • dbower01
    Mar 17, 2010
      Dear Group,

      I've been encountering an issue with a particular result being returned empty from a webservice through SOAP::Lite but using the same exact request that is being sent from SOAP::Lite (copy and pasted from the +trace ouput) in the free soapUI client I actually receive the expected result. I am successfully using other methods of this webservice without any issues.

      Any insight into why this is occurring would be greatly appreciated. I've already started digging into the source code but thought I would post this and see if any responds...

      I believe I've included enough information below regarding the wsdl, the request and the different responses from both SOAP::Lite and soapUI.

      Sincerely,
      Dave

      ---------- WSDL SNIPPET ----------

      <!--
      Published by JAX-WS RI at http://jax-ws.dev.java.net. RI's version is JAX-WS RI 2.1.7-b01-.
      -->
      <!--
      Generated by JAX-WS RI at http://jax-ws.dev.java.net. RI's version is JAX-WS RI 2.1.7-b01-.
      -->
      <definitions targetNamespace="http://zzz.com" name="StructureSearchToolkitService">
      <types>
      <xsd:schema>
      <xsd:import namespace="http://zzz.com" schemaLocation="http://bigbird:8086/services/StructureSearchToolkit?xsd=1"/>
      </xsd:schema>
      </types>

      <message name="getLastSearchResult">
      <part name="parameters" element="tns:getLastSearchResult"/>
      </message>
      <message name="getLastSearchResultResponse">
      <part name="parameters" element="tns:getLastSearchResultResponse"/>
      </message>

      <portType name="StructureSearchToolkit">
      <operation name="getLastSearchResult">
      <input message="tns:getLastSearchResult"/>
      <output message="tns:getLastSearchResultResponse"/>
      </operation>
      </portType>

      <binding name="StructureSearchToolkitPortBinding" type="tns:StructureSearchToolkit">
      <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" style="document"/>
      <operation name="getLastSearchResult">
      <soap:operation soapAction="urn:GetLastSearchResult"/>
      <input>
      <soap:body use="literal"/>
      </input>
      <output>
      <soap:body use="literal"/>
      </output>
      </operation>
      </binding>

      <service name="StructureSearchToolkitService">
      <port name="StructureSearchToolkitPort" binding="tns:StructureSearchToolkitPortBinding">
      <soap:address location="http://bigbird:8086/services/StructureSearchToolkit"/>
      </port>
      </service>
      </definitions>

      ---------- The request object generated by SOAP::Lite ----------
      <soap:Envelope
      soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
      xmlns:my="http://zzz.com">
      <soap:Header>
      <my:lseSessionId>126</my:lseSessionId>
      </soap:Header>
      <soap:Body>
      <my:getLastSearchResult xsi:nil="true" />
      </soap:Body>
      </soap:Envelope>

      ---------- The response received by SOAP::Lite ----------
      <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>