6405AW: [soaplite] WS-Trust / WS Security / RequestSecurityToken, was: namespace

  • Martin Busik
    Nov 30, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 2 KB
    Hi Kartik,
    i've fixed an cleaned your code. Now, with the attached code, you will
    generate semantically the same request,
    as your reference one. I mean semantically as the prefixes are different
    sometimes, but they mean the same.

    Also, your reference request contained unnecessary xmlns attribute, I've
    removed them.

    What's the point?

    A namespace definition may occur anywhere in the code and is valid in that
    element as well as in all chils.
    (except it is overriden in childs)

    "ns3:UsernameToken" and "wsu:usernameToken" are equal, if there the prefixes
    are defined als follows:

    xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurit
    y-utility-1.0.xsd"
    xmlns:ns3="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurit
    y-utility-1.0.xsd"

    So it is perfectly ok to use just one prefix.

    By default, SOAP::Lite puts the xmlns:* attributes into the Envelope, which
    is correct. You also do not need to
    generate the Header element, SOAP::Lite generates it when needed.

    Cheers,
    Martin
  • Show all 2 messages in this topic