6229How to get errors

  • Oeschey, Lars (I/ET-83, extern)
    Sep 24, 2008
      Hi,

      I have a little script that uses SOAP. I have problems with error
      handling. A little example script looks like this (working example):

      use SOAP::Lite;
      print SOAP::Lite
      ->service('http://machine.tld:3003/wsdl/all')
      ->teInput('lala,lulu');

      when I run that, I get an error 500 from the SOAP server, which is
      expected, because it expects 3 parameters. I want to catch that error in
      my script. I used this:

      my $result=SOAP::Lite
      ->service('http://machine.tld:3003/wsdl/all')

      ->teInput("$barcode_with_num","$soapladestelle");
      print "Error?: $!\n Result: $result\n";

      but I never get anything in either $! or $result. How can I access (and
      check of course) if there was an error from the SOAP server? It also
      should give an error if the SOAP server isn't available at all (i.e.
      server down)

      any help?

      Lars
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic