      From: bnyec
      Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 2:24 PM
      Subject: [soaplite] SOAP calls fail randomly

      Apache/2.2.4
      mod_perl/2.0. 3
      Perl/v5.8.8
      SOAP-Lite-0. 710.08

      Ive noticed that sometimes my soap requests will fail every 6th
      request which is the same number of httpd children that are running.

      httpd.conf
      [....]

      <Location /soap>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlSendHeader On
      PerlHandler Apache::SOAP
      PerlSetVar dispatch_to "/path/to/modules"
      PerlSetVar options "compress_threshold => 10000"
      </Location>

      $ ps -auxx | grep httpd | wc -l
      6
      $ ./test-client. pl
      Resopnse: test
      $ ./test-client. pl
      Resopnse: test
      $ ./test-client. pl
      Resopnse: test
      $ ./test-client. pl
      Resopnse: test
      $ ./test-client. pl
      Resopnse: test
      $ ./test-client. pl
      <faultstring> Failed to locate method (my_meathod) in class (testing)
      at /usr/local/lib/ perl5/site_ perl/5.8. 8/SOAP/Lite. pm line 2765.
      </faultstring>
      $ ./test-client. pl
      Resopnse: test

      [... next 5 and error occurs agian ...]

      Over on the perl.apache. org mailing list someone has had a similar
      problem, but hadn't seen what might be causing the problem.

      Further Details:
      http://marc. info/?l=apache- modperl&m= 117759312529637& w=2

      Anyone have any idea's ??

      - B