6153Over-riding the SOAPAction

  • keith_unite
    May 8, 2008
      Hi,
      I need to use SOAP to access data from a SOAP server which uses WSDL
      over HTTP.

      My problem is that I need to change the SOAPAction that is sent with
      the http request.

      I've tried changing this using:

      use SOAP::Lite on_action => sub{ die "killed: use"; };
      and
      my $s = SOAP::Lite->on_action( sub { die "killed: call" });

      (as you can imagine the 'die' calls are just for testing) but neither
      are called when the action is being generated.

      By adding warnings to the code I can see that on_action is being
      called twice (for the two redefinitions) but neither affected the
      SOAPAction that is sent.

      I suspect I need to subclass the SOAP::Transport::HTTP to override it
      there but can't even get that to work!!

      If anyone has some thoughts or examples where they managed to get this
      working it would save me a great deal of hair loss as I'm tearing my
      hair out trying to get this to work.

      Thanks in advance
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic