6120Re: re:Question about complex types

  • Brian
    Mar 28, 2008
      I am having the same problem (now four years after Mr. Sedgley).
      does anyone know how to remove the encodingStyle attribute from the
      envelope or an alternative solution? I am not sure but I think the
      server is running .NET. I am using SOAP::Lite 0.69 on Windows XP. I
      also tried using version 0.71 on Ubuntu with no success.

      Here is the actual fault string:

      cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'soap:encodingStyle' is not allowed
      to appear in element 'soap:Envelope'.

      Here is the perl code:

      use warnings;
      use SOAP::Lite;

      my $obj = SOAP::Lite->service('https://<url>.wsdl');

      my $result = $obj->servicemethodcall('data');

      my $som = $obj->call;

      if ($som->fault) {
      print $som->fault->{'faultstring'};
      } else {
      print $result;
      }

      Brian (not Sedgley)

      --- In soaplite@yahoogroups.com, Brian Sedgley <bsedgley@...> wrote:

      > No it is complaining about the fact that the Message is being sent.
      I do not have control of the soap server and i think it is running
      sax2 . I would agree that it would be nice if it ignored the message
      according to the version of Schema they are using
      http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-envelope and look under complex type
      "encodingStyle" is not included as a valid selection as part of the
      env.(maybe I am reading it wrong) also ran it through XMLspy and it
      also complained about the fact that "encodingStyle" is in the envlope
      for a complex type. here is the response that is given in raw xml form.

      > <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
      xmlns:SOAP-ENV="SOAP-ENV:Clientcvc-complex-type.3.2.2'
      target=_blank>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Header/><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode><faultstring>cvc-complex-type.3.2.2:
      Attribute 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element
      'SOAP-ENV:Envelope'.</faultstring><detail><axl:Error
      xmlns:axl="5001cvc-complex-type.3.2.2'
      target=_blank>http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0"><axl:code>5001</axl:code><axl:message>cvc-complex-type.3.2.2:
      Attribute 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' is not allowed to appear in element
      'SOAP-ENV:Envelope'.</axl:message></axl:Error></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

      > But the long and short of it is I need to make this work and I can't
      change the server side.

      > Please let me know if there is a solution
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Brian
      >

      > Byrne Reese <byrne@...> wrote:
      > Not currently.
      >
      > I am surprised that your SOAP client is complaining, as it is a
      > perfectly legitimate attribute to have in a SOAP message. What client
      > are you using?
      >
      > Are you sure it is complaining about the element's presence in the
      > message, or its value?
      >
      > Brian Sedgley wrote:
      >
      > > I have went searched the mailer for the solution for this problem I
      > > have seen other people ask this question but have not seen the answer.
      > > The request I am makeing is of a complex type. When ever I get a
      soap
      > > fault it always complains about the 'SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle' being in
      > > the soap message. Complex type messages should not enclude encoding
      > > style at least according to the schema I am working with. is
      there an
      > > easy way to get rid of encoding style?
      > > thanks
      > > Brian
      > >

      > > use SOAP::Lite;
      > > use XML::Simple;
      > > use Data::Dumper;
      > > $result = SOAP::Lite ->new() -> outputxml(1)
      > > -> uri('http<servername>/PerlScripts/axl/axlsoap.xsd')
      > > -> proxy('https://XXXX:XXXXX@<servername>8443/axl/listener')
      > > -> getPhone(SOAP::Data->name('phoneName' => "SEP00070ef73adf"));
      > >

      > > my $config = XMLin($result,KeyAttr =>'');
      > > print Dumper($return{'SOAP-ENV:Body'}->{ 'axl:getPhoneResponse'
      > > }->{'return'});
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > Get unlimited calls to
      >
      > U.S./Canada

      > The HTML graphics in this message have been displayed. [Edit
      Preferences - What's This?]

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic