609Re: [soaplite] XMLRPC::Lite +

    Jul 10, 2001
      Hi, dpk!

      > Hi paul, Ive run into the undef serialization bug in XMLRPC::Lite
      > (nasty), and saw on the xmlrpc list that you might implement the
      There are several of them that are fixed already.

      ! number of fixes in XMLRPC::Lite
      fixed <string> requirement (thanks to Matthew Krenzer and Dana
      Powers)
      fixed skipping of empty slot (thanks to Jon Udell)
      fixed serialization of "0"/""/undef values (thanks to Michael E.
      Gage)
      fixed autodispatch (thanks to Craig Kelley)

      <nil/> is an extension and Dave Winer (author of XML-RPC) doesn't
      encourage to use it. SOAP::Lite might support <nil/> but only on
      parser side, it will NOT generate it. undef values are encoded as
      empty elements and can be properly de/serialized almost in all cases.

      > into <nil/> or will it be a configuration setting? How long do you
      > think it'll be before we can get a chance to beta test your
      > changes?
      Good question. I planed/promissed to make a release almost two weeks
      ago, then delayed it for a couple of reasons, but mainly to include
      support for SOAP1.2. I plan to release code during this weekend after
      extensive testing. XMLRPC::Lite module is pretty independent from
      core piece, but there are couple of changes (like fix for empty
      slots) that require code to be released together with SOAP::Lite. You
      should not be disappointed :).

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- dpk <beatdown_1_2@...> wrote:
      > Hi paul, Ive run into the undef serialization bug in XMLRPC::Lite
      > (nasty), and saw on the xmlrpc list that you might implement the
      > <nil/>
      > extention in the next release. Do you plan on serializing all
      > undef's
      > into <nil/> or will it be a configuration setting? How long do you
      > think it'll be before we can get a chance to beta test your
      > changes?
      > dpk

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic