6058Re: [soaplite] Do you want me to approve job postings?

  • Mike South
    Nov 20, 2007
      My personal experience with this is that it doesn't turn out to be a lot of volume, and so doesn't detract from the conversation.  They approve them on the perl mongers groups that I am a part of, and even if you aren't looking right at that moment I find relevant job postings to be of at least passing interest.

      If a lot of people object you could possibly add [job] to the subject line and let them filter.

      Although it is true that at any given time the people looking for work (fortunately) are vastly outnumbered by those who are not, we might consider in this case that the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many, in the sense that I don't mind a little inconvenience for 100 people if it will help the 1 person who is out of a job and depleting his savings.  (I know, I know--Ayn Rand is spinning in her grave.  Sorry.)

      mike

      On Nov 19, 2007 8:47 PM, Byrne Reese <byrne@...> wrote:

      Question for the community - as the mailing list moderator I am curious
      if the community wants me to approve SOAP::Lite job postings to this
      mailing list. I can imagine some people thinking this to be very
      valuable and others thinking it to be a form of spam.

      So what does everyone think?

      Byrne

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic