6030Document Literal Support

  • bolasnenhumda
    Oct 2, 2007
      Hi all,

      I'm starting now to use SOAP::Lite, and I have a bunch of questions:

      1 - From what I read, the default encoding and style used in
      SOAP::Lite are RPC encoded. Can I use other combinations, for example,
      document literal or RPC Literal? Or even document literal wrapped (Ok,
      this is hard, knowing that document literal wrapped is not an open
      specification :|)?? If so, how do I do that?

      This could be useful to interconnect SOAP::Lite with .net clients or
      vice versa, for example.

      2 - In case SOAP::Lite doesn't support any of other combinations, how
      much time do you estimate a team composed by 2 Perl experts and 1
      newbie (me :p) would take to develop the support to doc/lit? We have
      no knowledge of SOAP::Lite internals. From what I read in SOAP::Lite
      main page, the code is hard to maintain :(. Assume that we would work
      on this 5 days per week. Just a prevision.

      By the way, if we had to choose between doc/lit or RPC/lit, which one
      do you think is best? I've been reading about this, and based on
      http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms996466.aspx, I think
      doc/lit support is better, since I read that this is one of the most
      used combinations together with RPC encoded. Anyway, I would
      appreciate an opinion from you guys :)

      3 - Is there a way of creating a WSDL file describing our services
      using SOAP::Lite, or any other module? How do I do that?

      And that's all (for now :p)

      Thanks in advance,
      Mario
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic