6017Limiting which methods can be used.

  • Bill Moseley
    Sep 19, 2007
      Just starting out with SOAP::Lite, and I have a few basic questions.

      I'm using SOAP::Transport::HTTP with Apache/2.2.3 mod_perl/2.0.2 and I have a few
      classes I wish to expose.

      I'm using this to dispatch to my classes in my mod_perl module:

      my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache->dispatch_to(

      sub handler { $server->handler(@_) }

      Now, the modules in @module_list get loaded and their methods are
      exposed -- and then can be accessed by a SOAP client.

      What I'm missing is how to define *which* methods should be made
      available. If the class is used outside of SOAP::Lite I'd like to make
      all its methods available, but limit which methods can be called when
      used by SOAP::Lite.

      My other question is about Expat and mod_perl, which has been an issue
      for quite a while. I see that it's noted in the SOAP::Lite man page.
      Is this still an issue with Apache2? I'm not finding any recent
      discussion of the issue.

      I see some discussion of moving to libxml2 in the archives, too.
      What's the status of that?

      Bill Moseley
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic