5953Caching the service

  • Rick Measham
    May 22, 2007
      This feels like a zero-traffic mailing list .. I'm seeing questions but
      no answers. Oh well, I'll try :-D

      Calling SOAP::Lite->service($service) is taking 15 seconds. Even if the
      $service is a file URL on the local machine. I can't afford 15 seconds
      per process so I want to cache whatever happens there. However, Cache::*
      can't cache CODE refs.

      Is there any other way to cache the service? Or am I totally missing
      something? What would happen if I didn't load the WSDL? Is it possible
      to operate without it without causing major development work or other
      overheads?

      Cheers!
      Rick Measham
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic