589Re: [soaplite] HTTP Headers

    Jul 6, 2001
      Hi, Byrne!

      > All I would like to do is set the "Authorization" header to "BASIC
      > <foo>"... I can set the Proxy-Authorization header with no problem,
      > but what if I wanted to set the User-Agent header, or any of the
      > other standard HTTP headers?
      You can use any options available for LWP::UserAgent, using

      ->proxy($endpoint, @transport_specific_options);

      or

      $soap = SOAP::Lite
      -> proxy(...)
      -> uri(...);
      $soap->transport->timeout(5);

      # or any other LWP::UserAgent's method

      You can specify timeouts, cookies, or any other transport specific
      parameters.

      If you just need to specify authentication information, take a look
      into Security section in User Guide
      ("http://guide.soaplite.com/#security (ssl, basic/digest
      authentication, cookiebased authentication, ticketbased
      authentication, access control)")

      You can also always change any parameters of
      HTTP:Request/HTTP::Response objects with transport handler, but this
      way is not recommended since this interface may change in future
      versions (yet, you can see it in SOAP Cookbook
      http://cookbook.soaplite.com/#changing http protocol)

      Let me know if it doesn't help.

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- Byrne Reese <byrne@...> wrote:
      > I am working on an extension of the SOAP::Lite package and was
      > curious
      > if there was a way to set specific HTTP headers.
      >
      > All I would like to do is set the "Authorization" header to "BASIC
      > <foo>"... I can set the Proxy-Authorization header with no problem,
      > but what if I wanted to set the User-Agent header, or any of the
      > other
      > standard HTTP headers?
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Byrne