587Re: [soaplite] Where can I find perlctrl?

    Jul 6, 2001
      Hi, Sam!

      > From what I can tell, I have Perl correctly installed, SOAP::Lite
      > works
      > fine as a client, my problem seems to be related to Lite.dll. The
      > version
      > I have is 32,768 bytes (not that that says much), and is dated 18
      > April 2001.
      Yes, that's right. From this point can only recommend to try
      standalone version. Also Lite.dll, but doesn't require presence of
      Perl (yet will still work if Perl is installed). URL:
      http://soaplite.com/download/SOAP-Lite-COM-standalone-0.50.zip

      I never see it hanging. You may get message "Can't run PerlCtrl" or
      something similar, or other runtime error, but it always returns
      something. Let me know if it still doesn't work for you, I'll need
      more information about your environment then. You can send it to me
      directly (paulclinger@...).

      Best wishes, Paul.

      --- Sam Ruby <rubys@...> wrote:
      > Paul Kulchenko wrote:
      > >
      > > You may also try this, it's also ASP, but uses PerlScript instead
      > of
      > > VB. It does pretty much the same and I don't have a problem with
      > both
      > > of them.
      > >
      > > <%@Language=PerlScript%>
      > > <%
      > > $Response->{ContentType} = "text/xml";
      > > $Response->Write($Server->CreateObject("SOAP.Lite")
      > > -> server("SOAP::Server")
      > > -> dispatch_to("/Your/Path/To/Deployed/Modules")
      > > -> handle($Request->BinaryRead($Request->{TotalBytes}))
      > > );
      > > %>
      >
      > That hangs, but the following does not:
      >
      > <%@Language=PerlScript%>
      > <%
      > $Response->Write("SOAP.Lite");
      > %>
      >
      > From what I can tell, I have Perl correctly installed, SOAP::Lite
      > works
      > fine as a client, my problem seems to be related to Lite.dll. The
      > version
      > I have is 32,768 bytes (not that that says much), and is dated 18
      > April
      > 2001.
      >
      > - Sam Ruby

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/