5853XML encoding a SOAP payload

  • Lev Lvovsky
    Feb 14, 2007
      Hello,

      I'm rather new to the SOAP world, so if this is a FAQ, please let me
      know.

      We're working with a SOAP method "Request", which requires that the
      payload (literally a block inside the "Request" block) be an XML
      encoded (> and <) block of text, like the following:

      ...headers...
      <Request>
      <payload >
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <block></block>
      </payload>
      </Request>

      Putting together the XML message with the SOAP::Data package
      doesn't allow me to do this.

      Should I use an external Perl XML package to put together a valid bit
      of XML for this portion, or am I missing something fundamental?

      thanks,
      -lev
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic