5804Multi client SOAP Daemon

  • medi.montaseri
    Jan 25, 2007
      Hi,

      How does one write a multi-client SOAP daemon (standalone server)?
      That is daemon waits for incoming call, picks it up, forks a child and
      let the child deal with the actual RPC, parents simply goes right back
      up to accept the next call.

      Typically one does this after accept(2) returns. But where do I fork
      in the following usage.

      my $server = SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Daemon
      ->new(LocalPort => $port, LocalAddr => $addr);
      $server->dispatch_to(WorkflowMgr);
      print "SOAP Listner available at: [", $server->url(), "]\n";
      $server->handle();

      I don't want to fork in my RPCs (or methods) because the forking code
      would be duplicated. I think I need to fork before the dispatching
      takes place.

      Thanks
      Medi
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic